Citizens Police Academy
Officer Chris Denham
270-765-4125 ext 111
The Citizens Police Academy (CPA) allows Elizabethtown residents the opportunity to experience various aspects of law enforcement. Academies are presented two or three times a year, and require one night a week for six weeks. Dates for the citizen police academies will be posted on this website. Anyone interested should contact Office Denham for registration. If accepted into the academy, all participates are subject to a background investigation.
Citizen Police Academy Attendee's Requirement's
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and possess a valid government-issued ID or another verifiable form of identification.
- Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony and must not have any criminal or civil actions pending against them.
- Applicants must be willing to sign a waiver releasing the Elizabethtown Police Department and the City of Elizabethtown from any liability.
- Applicants must agree to make every effort to attend all classes and give advance notice to the police department if they will not be able to attend a class. More than one unexcused absence can mean termination from the class.
- If you are interested in attending a CPA class, please go to the Applications tab and print an current application. Please mail to Officer Chris Denham at 300 South Mulberry St. Elizabethtown, KY 42701, fax to (270) 765-7804, or email to email@example.com
The Elizabethtown Police Department instituted a Citizens Police Academy Alumni (CPAA) Program in 2012. This program is for graduates of our CPA who wish to remain involved with the police department. This group of volunteers assists the department with special events and programs throughout the year. Examples of these events will are the Heartland Parade, shop with a cop, cops and cones, the Cruise in the Heartland event, Bikes Blues and BBQ, and the downtown Ghost Walk. Members of the CPAA may set up tables, and distribute information about the department and upcoming events.